From October 2017 until Dicember 31, 2017, become effective a moratorium for the payment of the real estates taxes without surchange on interest for arrears. This is for facilitating to the taxpayers to fulfill their tax responsabilities.
For calculate the taxes and do the payment, the taxpayers must act throught the National Land Administration Authority.
The law establishes the followings property tax rates for the main house and the tax family estates:
- 0.0% up to 120 thousand dollars
- 0.5% from 120.01 thousand dollars to 700 thousand dollars
- 0.7% from 700.01 thousand dollars onwards
On the other hands, for comercial properties, industrial second homes and other properties, the new law stipulates the following rates:
- 0.0% up to 30 thousand dollars
- 0.6% from 30.01 thousand dollars to 250 thousand dollars
- 0.8% from 250.01 thousand dollars to 500 thousand dollars
- 1.0% of 500.01 thousand dollars onwards
To pay the moratorium, the taxpayers can go to the DGI offices and fill out a form indicating the number of the land o RUC and the NIT number.
You can also enter directly on the web page: dgi.mef.gdo.pa/PDF-R-ITBMS/moratoria.html.